Temple Israel Stands With Israel
Supporting Israel: Donations, Resources, & More
We all need the strength & support of our community now more than ever in these challenging times. Continue reading for a list of ways to donate, resources, and what we are doing here at Temple Israel.
We encourage you to donate to the Jewish Federation’s “Israel Terror Relief Fund.” You can donate through Temple Israel’s website using the button below, or though the Federation’s website here.
Upcoming Events & Current Programs
- Support IDF Reservists – Please join longtime Temple Israel member Deborah Hirsch as she spearheads a collection of much-needed supplies for shipment to Israel. How You Can Help:
1. Purchase basic supplies (such as gloves, socks, backpacks and rain gear) on the Amazon Wish List. After adding items to your cart, choose “Jacquie” on the shipping page.
2. Items purchased from U.S. wholesale suppliers will be shipped on pallets in cargo planes. Please contact Deborah if you are a wholesaler or know of one.
3. If you would prefer to make a monetary donation, The program is affiliated with the Mark and Anna Ruth Hasten Family Foundation, a Jewish philanthropy based in Indianapolis, Indiana. Please contact us to make a tax-deductible donation through PayPal or Zelle.
Click here to read more about the program & how you can help
Ways to Support (From The Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County)
- Contact Elected Officials – We encourage you reach out to federal, state, and local elected officials, requesting their public declaration of unwavering support for Israel. The Jewish Federation has streamlined this process by clicking here.
- Wear a Blue Ribbon – Join the global movement of unity and support with Join the global movement of unity and support with #BlueRibbonsforIsrael. Show your solidarity for those held hostage by wearing a blue ribbon – you can craft your own or get them in bulk to share. Don your blue ribbon, share a photo or our provided graphic on social media with #ShineYourLight #BlueRibbonsforIsrael #BringThemHome.
- Use your Voice – Harness the power of your voice on social media to express your solidarity with Israel. Share your support through impactful posts, updated profile pictures, and more. Your words and actions can make a significant difference in demonstrating your unwavering commitment to Israel.
- Pray – We encourage you to harness the strength of prayer to find solace during these challenging times. For a collection of prayers suitable for your personal worship, please click here.
- Send Cards to Families and Soldiers in Israel – Craft cards of love, hope, and kindness to remind those in Israel that they are not alone. Compose a message, take a picture or scan it, and send it to email@example.com
- Talking to Your Children & Grandchildren – The recent violence in Israel has sparked challenging conversations with your children. Click here for a list of resources to assist you in navigating these sensitive and difficult discussions.
- Stay informed. Watch a recent Zoom discussion with David Mendelsson from Hebrew Union College – Jewish Institute of Religion from November 14, 2023. David provided insight into the events in Israel and Gaza. Click here to watch
For more ways to support Israel from the Reform Movement, please click here.
Remember in these challenging times that you are not alone. Your Temple Israel community stands with you, our clergy and staff are here to offer support, and together, we can help lift one another. We’re in this together.
Let us cultivate strength in our own hearts and souls and offer it freely to one another, in the hope and prayer that the One who makes peace in the high heavens will bring peace to us, to Israel, and to all the world.
With unity and strength,
Temple Israel of West Palm Beach
Click Here To Read A Message From Our Rabbis
A Message From Our Rabbis, October 11, 2023
Sermon for Israel, October 13, 2023